Monday, December 04, 2006

Information at the Expense of Relationships

During certain phases in a woman’s life, her family may be her only ministry.
—Carolyn Custis James, When Life and Beliefs Collide

But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.
—2 Corinthians 11:3
November, especially the second half, was a good month. A major reason for this was that I was freed from the burden of my participation in the blogosphere. I have prayed and I have enlisted friends to pray for me as I sought God’s direction for Logoscentric, and He has made it clear to me that my contributions to the blogosphere have come to an end for now.

My natural inclination is towards information rather relationship, and God has made it clear to me that I have enough information. My primary focus must now be on relationships, both with Him and with others, especially my husband and children. Too often, my blogging and reading blogs took my attention away from them. (I am so thankful for the cross!)

Therefore, this will be my last post. Thank you to Lisa N., Michelle, and Kim for your support and encouragement. And to Lisa S.: I am so sorry that I didn’t get to know you sooner! I pray God’s blessings upon all of you as you continue seeking to glorify God in the blogosphere.

To my friends and family members who have read my blog and have prayed for me and encouraged me, I thank you as well. You are quite a longsuffering lot of folks, and I appreciate your putting up with me. I love you.

3 comments:

michele said...

It is important to step back and assess the situation and determine if you are really called for a particular service and sometimes we may be called but have to wait until we are able to devote the time to it. That's one reason I waited until my daughters were in school before I went to seminary. I wanted to make sure that I could commit the time necessary to do the work.

Maybe you can pick it up again when the kids are older. Email me if you start blogging again.

You'll be missed.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your site while you were on hiatus, and although I was looking forward to future entries, I praise God that He revealed His will for you and that you are obedient to pursue it :)

Christ alone,
Jenn

Unknown said...

Sorry to see you go. I enjoyed reading your blog.