Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Evangelicial Climate Initiative

The earth is the Lord's, and all it contains,
The world, and those who dwell in it.
Psalm 24:1

Those of you who know me well are familiar with my granola leanings. As you can imagine, I was thrilled to see an ad for the "Evangelical Climate Initiative" in the most recent issue of Christianity Today (CT). For me, concern for the environment is a stewardship issue, and apparently, there are plenty of belivers out there who agree with me. Please go to the website and read their statement and see the signatories. There's also a list of ways we can help solve the global warming problem: http://www.christiansandclimate.org/action.

My prayer is that Christians who have claimed that there is no global warming problem will examine the evidence for themselves and change their minds. See this editorial from the August 2005 issue of CT.

No comments: