Thursday, February 09, 2006

Raison D'Etre

In light of the infrequency of my posting to my other blog, on the face of it, it doesn't seem like the best idea to begin another one, but it wasn't my idea. I have been compelled (2 Corinthians 5:14 NIV).

Why the title "Logoscentric"? Well, "Walk in the Spirit" and "Walking in the Spirit" were not available, so I had to come up with something unique. You will see in a future post why "Logos" is on my mind right now. "Logos" is the Greek form of "word" that is used to refer to Christ in John 1:1. The suffix "-centric" is defined as follows at dictionary.com: Having a specified object as the center: geocentric. The specified object I want to be at the center of my life is the Word, Jesus Christ, hence the title "Logoscentric." I hope my writing encourages the same desire in you.

No comments: