Thursday, July 13, 2006

On Vacation…So to Speak

We are leaving Saturday to go to Orlando. Yes, I know. Orlando. In July. Sounds refreshing, doesn’t it? Especially since I already endure near 100 degree temperatures on a regular basis during the summer months.

My husband is participating in a yearly professional conference that caters to families, so we are going along. This is our summer vacation as well. At least we are staying in a hotel. Last year, we rented a condo at the beach, which still required a certain amount of cooking, laundry, and keeping things picked up. A hotel is more like it. Of course, as I said last year, at this phase in my life, vacation is just a change of scenery. Not that it isn’t welcomed or appreciated. I’m just trying to be realistic.

I’m the type of person who is affected greatly by my expectations. If I expect something to be great, and it isn’t, I am usually terribly disappointed. However, if I expect something to be unpleasant (such as Orlando in July), and it turns out to be fun… You understand.

Anyway, I will not be posting for at least a week. When I return, I expect to be able to post a treatise on how Orlando in July is evidence supporting unconditional election. If salvation were up to humans, surely such a foretaste of hell would send people running to Jesus.

4 comments:

Mike Y said...

Katy,

I hope you have a great time! It's not all that bad there.

I'm a California guy and went to Navy boot camp in Orlando. Guess when? Yep. I went there in July. Talk about having to get acclimated quickly.

Anyway, not sure how it is this year. I know it was pretty dry earlier this year.

Again, have fun and safe travels.

-Mike

Katy said...

Mike: Thank you for the encouragement! I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. My husband said the forecast for Monday is 89 degrees. Let's hope that doesn't change!

michele said...

I was there in July and don't remember it being that bad. We plan to go again next year in May. I'll be praying that you enjoy yourself.

Katy said...

Michelle: Thank you SO MUCH! The forecast is now 91 degrees. I can live with that! Let's hope it doesn't go up further. "Talk" to you next week.